Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yes, it really has been that long!





I know it has been a LONG time since i've updated my blog. I'm not sure who really reads this anymore but me, but I will still try to keep it going! A lot has happened since Ivan's blessing! He is now almost walking. He can actually take a few steps by himself now. It is so fun to watch him figure these new things out. Kade is now potty trained! WHOO HOO!He picked it up so quickly. Once he decided to do it, it was 3 days and he never has accidents and he can sleep all night! It's amazing!:) Leah is in soccer and LOVES it. Isaac has a new job, which he also LOVES. I'm just excited that he has finally found a job that he enjoys, we don't have to move, and we can pay our bills. It's times like this where i look back at all the struggles we'vegone through and think I'm so lucky to have a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to allow us to suffer because he knows it can only strengthen us and lead us to the where we need to go. Everything we have dealt with these past 2 years and led us to where we are today. I'm grateful for the experiences we've had because we are a stronger family and more grateful for what we have than ever before. I'm also so grateful for the family i have. I have a wonderful husband, who treats me so well, and 5 amazing kids who many times are doing the teaching!
The pictures that are posted are from Easter. We had a really nice holiday. On Saturday we started the day by cleaning the house and painting easter eggs. We also made resurrection roll, which if you have never had them you should try them. They're very simple
and very good! And it's a fun way to talk about the Christ's death and His resurrection. That night we had Isaac's family easter party which was really fun and the kids had a blast! We came home and got to finally meet Shea's girlfriend Stephanie. She was very sweet and I thought they made a cute couple!
More things about the kids: I am teaching Leah Piano and she can play old mcdonald on the black keys, which is is very proud of herself! She is almost done with first grade and is already reading at a second grade level; now we just need to work on her spelling. Saidy is the best helper in the world. I told her she can't go to school
next year because i don't know what i'd do without her. She can change diapers perfectly, without any help from me, she can take kade to the potty, and she is so good and doing anything i ask her to do. She is awesome. I'm going to sign her up for gymnastics next year, hopefully, which she LOVES to do. Vince is my quiet kid but he can be so funny! His favorite thing right now is to burp, and man sometimes i think it's ISaac! He started saying "Thanks for the burp talk" every time he burps. Then last night he said that, then burped, then said "one more questions: BURP" For some reason it was SO funny. We were all laughing! Kade is a smart, stubborn, fireball! He can be sooo sweet and do everything i ask with a smile, and then he has this other side to him where he won't budge for NOTHIN'! But he's so stinkin cute you can't help but love the kid. They get along so well, it's fun to see them playing together. Which is ivan's favorite thing. When they're wrestling and chasing each other, Ivan is kicking his feet, shaking his arms, and screaming right along with them. It's cute to watch. I love being a mom! The sticky fingers, the messy house, the exhaustion, is so worth it. When they come and give me the sticky kisses it makes me so glad to have 5 precious babies. I wouldn't change anything. I'm very lucky!