Friday, February 6, 2009

Snow Mobiling


This Winter, Isaac and I were able to escape down to Daniels Summit with Mike Becky for a couple of days and enjoy the outdoors on our snow mobiles. We had a blast and great weather. We were only there for 2 days, but had a great time. Plus, the 2nd day my snow mobile decided not to work so Becky and I spent the half of the day warming up in bed and watching movies.

It was nice to get away from the business of life and enjoy the outdoors.





Mike and Isaac were crazy and were not at all afraid to try big jumps and see how high they could climb with their machines. They spent many hours digging their machines out of the snow. Although they climbed mountains and jumped over hills, they didn't beat the jump I made (not on purpose i might add).


I was riding the machine and decided that i'll see how fast i can get it going. I wasn't paying attention to the geographics of the land, and missed a creek up ahead. By the time I noticed the creek I was going to fast to stop, so the only options i had was to floor it and try jumping the creek or to stop and do a nose dive. I gunned it and closed my eyes! I made it and only got mild bruising. And luckily, i was wearing a helmet, which saved my life when i rammed my head through the windshield. I can laugh about the experience now, but it was really scary and shook me up a bit.






No comments: