Friday, February 6, 2009

Trip to Houston




Jerika, Becky, and I all flew down to Houston, TX to visit our hot hubbies for the weekend. I was very proud of how well Jerika did on the plane. Way to go Jer! We flew out on Wed. and stayed until Sunday. We had a blast! We were able to relax and also go and see the sites. Thursday started out with Mike handing us the GPS and told us to follow the directions to "Becky's Wonderland". It was so cute. We ended up at the outlets with money to spend. And that is exactly what we did. I went out of control. I spent all of my money and wanted to go back and buy more.


I especially loved the elastic bands on the side. What do you think?


We also were able to go to the temple, which was beautiful. On the way home, a van pulled up next to ask with some teenagers in the back. They were pointing and freaking out. Isaac thought they were laughing at us. Then they started using their hands to spell "mormon". And we said yes, they were so excited! Living in Utah I think we get so used to being around LDS people that we take it for granted. It made my day to see how happy they were to see us.

We finally got to go back to our favorite restaurant; Texas Land and Cattle. MMMMM, it was SOO good! They have the best steak ever! We also were able to go to NASA, Body World, or Body Works, and the Aquarium. Although all that was fun, my favorite was being Isaac and watching movies together. Our last night there we ate Panda in our bed and just watched t.v. and talked until 2 am. It was so fun just to be together and not have to worry about the kids. Isaac is a great husband, and i'm truly lucky to have him. I miss him and can not wait until he comes home. Hopefully, only 2 more weeks! Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Erica you look great and soo happy. I am glad you were able to get away and spend time with Isaac...a must do when you are married???!!!! Who are you leaving all those cute kids with? It is always a bummer when you have to come back to real life! Ned is moving to spokane in a few weeks and I am so sad. Unlike Isaac though, he will only be 1 1/2 hr. away and able to come home on weekends. But still it can make the weeks long at times. Take care.